Sunday, May 8, 2011

Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush

These days I'm really thankful that the local beauty industry is even bigger than it was a few years ago. I'm no expert, but make up artistry now seems to be more mainstream than it was before. And with this comes an increasing demand for affordable brushes, so it's great that there are more and more enterprising individuals getting into the beauty business to address this demand. More options mean more competitive price points, and  more quality products! 

One local brand that I'm liking now for their affordable brushes is Charm.   


I found out about this brand because of rave reviews from other bloggers, especially for the Charm PRO Make up Brush Set


I wanted to buy this set, but I still have another set from Suesh which I got as a gift 2 years ago. So I got the Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush instead!



From the Charm (Beauty & Minerals) Website:

As mineral foundation demands to buff, buff, and buff, create that flawless face with the perfect buffing mineral foundation/powder brush, the Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush!
Created with densely packed synthetic bristles, The Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush ensures you a wonderful time in front of your vanity mirror as you enjoy the silky softness of the Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush, and see flawless results with it! Ultra soft, but firm bristles work their way into perfection!
The Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush is great for applying loose mineral foundation, or pressed foundation, to ensure even, buildable, flawless coverage on the face!


The Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush cost Php 600.00 when ordered through their website.



What I love:
The bristles are packed together tightly, making it really dense! Charm's "press release" on the brush is really true since the Luxe Flat Top Brush is perfect for buffing product into your skin. Although it's touted as a brush for mineral makeup, this can also be used with liquid foundation. The result is a nice airbrush-like finish that you won't get with the usual flat foundation brushes. I've also washed this brush so many times since I got it a few months ago, and it has never shed a hair or bled. And of course, I love that this brush costs 600 pesos only! 

What I don't like:
The downside of a brush this dense is that if you're not careful, it might absorb more product than what's transferred to your face. I also don't like that the ferrule of the brush that I have seems to be a tiny bit loose. It's been like that since I first got it, and I'm afraid that it might get worse if I use the brush too much. I've read reviews from other bloggers and no one has mentioned that so I'm wondering if the brush I ordered is just an exception. Maybe they shipped bad, or to put it more nicely, less than perfect stock? Will never know unless someone from Charm contacts me, but until then, keep your fingers crossed and hope you're luckier than me when ordering this brush!

Recommendations:
When using this brush for mineral make up, make sure to tap off the excess product before putting it on your face since this brush picks up a LOT at first dip. To avoid waste, I like tapping the brush on the container's cap so that the cap will catch the excess powder that got picked up by the brush. For both liquid and mineral foundations, it's best to put the product to be picked up on a flat surface first so that it will get evenly distributed on the brush. Not doing so will make the product concentrated on one portion of the flat top brush which makes for an uneven application on the face. I also found that this brush is a bit scratchy when applying make up with a light and fast repeated tapping motion. If you're sensitive to that, it's better to buff the make up into your skin with a slower, upward motion - the bristles feel much softer this way.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget