Monday, May 2, 2011

Clinique Moisture Surge

Anytime anyone asks me what my must-have beauty product is, hands down, my answer will always be moisturizer. Ok, I admit I'm cheating a bit since a lot of products fall under it. From lip balms to lotion -- they still technically "moisturize" your skin right? But with dry skin like mine, it REALLY is a MUST if I don't want to end up looking all weathered and wrinkled by the time I'm 30 (blame it on the genes).

So with all that being said, here's my review for Clinique Moisture Surge.


What it is:
Light, comfortable cream/gel plumps skin with hydration for a full 24 hours. Fine lines, flakiness and tightness are washed away. In their place—a sense of supple, firm, vibrant well-being, even through shifts in humidity. One ‘drink’ and skin looks and feels happier, healthier.
From the Clinique site


I got it at Rustan's last December when I ran out of moisturizer.


When I bought it, the lady at the counter told me that you shouldn't put the product directly on your face. It should be rubbed between your fingers first to thin out the consistency before it is applied to the face. True enough, I noticed that not doing so would make the area where you first put the product on rather sticky. At first I thought it was unnecessary since I could just apply it directly on my face and just work it in, but it didn't give the same results as when I rubbed it between my fingers first.

With 2-3 times a week of use since last December, I still have about 1 month worth of product left. All in all, this product lasts for about 5 months with me. I think that with daily use, it'll probably last for about 2 months.


I could probably use it for just once a week though since this stuff will still be good for 2 years!

Retail price in Rustan's is Php 2,500 for 50ml of hydrating goodness.

What I love about the product:
This stuff does what it says it will do. As long as I don't put it directly on my face straight from the jar, it moisturizes completely for a long period of time without being heavy or sticky. This is also excellent under make up since it acts as a primer - it smoothens the face for a more even make up application. Don't replace your favorite primer with this one though, since it doesn't have staying power capabilities for make up.

What I don't love:
The packaging -- moisture surge didn't break me out, but the packaging might! Since it's a jar, it's possible to contaminate the product if you scoop up some of it with less than perfectly disinfected fingers. It might be advisable to use a spatula for this one. I also don't like thinning out the product between my fingers first.. It's a bit of a hassle when you're in a hurry.

Recommendations:
Moisture surge doesn't have SPF, so it's best to wear it indoors, over/under something that has, or just wear it at night. Since this is a light moisturizer, I think it's best under make up, for people with oily skin, and for people with dry/normal skin looking for a moisturizer to wear in humid or hot weather. It's light enough to not make your face a greasy mess, but moisturizing enough for you to not have dry patches of skin or any tightness on the face. If you have dry to really dry skin though, this moisturizer alone wouldn't be enough for super cold air conditioning or colder climates. You'd be better off with a cream moisturizer or just layer this one over something heavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget