Monday, July 18, 2011

Avon Anew Rejuvenate - Day & Night Cream

I've been putting off writing this review for the longest time, but here it is, finally!


I bought these back in May because I needed a new daily moisturizer. Previously, I've been using the Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion for everyday but that didn't have SPF so I wanted something new. I've been interested in trying out Avon skincare products, so when I found out that they had a buy one take one promo on certain products at that time, I bought the Day (for SPF protection) and Night (for more moisturization) cream from the Rejuvenate line to try it out.

By the way, I put the review for both creams together 'cause they seemed to work the same to me, and they're best used hand in hand!


What it is:

(NIGHT)



PM Lightweight gel-cream works while you sleep, so you awaken to skin that looks fresher and more vibrant. 1.7 fl. oz.
Mini-Extraction Technology: Formulated to work like thousands of micro-extractions to help visibly shrink pores.
Exfo-Smoothing Complex: Designed to resurface skin to help clarify and reveal a fresher, younger look.
Revitafresh Technology: Engineered to reinforce cell bonds and help make skin look more even and smoother.
In just 7 days produces results of a professional anti-aging facial*. Reduces fine lines & visible pore size, smoothes texture & evens skin tone.
In just 2 weeks** dramatically reduces the look of fine wrinkles.
Over time*** 100% of women showed improvement in texture, tone & clarity. Pore size is visibly reduced by 30%.
Source

(DAY)



Like Rejuvenate Night Revitalizing Cream, this lightweight day cream with a patented sun-protection system is uniquely engineered with a breakthrough fusion of pioneering technologies designed to replicate the steps of a professional anti-aging facial:
Exfo-Smoothing Complex: Designed to exfoliate, smooth lines and clarify to help reveal fresher, younger-looking skin. Smoothes rough texture. Lines become less deep.
Mini-Extraction Technology: Formulated to work like thousands of micro-extractions to help deep-clean impurities and tighten pores. Shrinks pore size and strengthens pore structure.
Revitafresh Technology: Engineered to reinforce cell bonds and help make skin look more even and smoother. Cells come together to form smooth seamless skin.
In just 2 weeks* 79% of women saw younger-looking skin: smoother skin texture, refined pores, reduced fine lines and more even skin tone.
Over time** 50% improvement in texture, clarity and tone.
*Based on a consumer-perception study. **Based on a dermatologist-supervised clinical study.
Source

I got these for Php 690 from an Avon lady during a buy one take one promo.


What I like about it: 

This stuff isn't called "Rejuvenate" for nothing.. it actually works! To be honest I was wary of the claims they were making about the product, but after using both day and night products for 2 days, my skin really did look and feel better! The effect was THAT fast. I am just not sure if this stuff would really "shrink pore size" or "reduce fine lines" since mine aren't really that obvious (yet), but it does a good job in such a short amount of time - at a very affordable price!

What I don't like:

It's good that this stuff works so fast, though I'm afraid that it does because the active ingredients of the product seem pretty strong, or at least the concentration of it. It has a very strong floral scent that's similar to the Olay regenerist cream, and the day cream really smells like sunblock. The first time I used the creams, it took about 15-20 minutes for the scent to disappear. Over time though, you don't notice it as much as your nose gets used to the smell.

Another thing that I don't like about the two creams is that they seemed to stop working after a while. The stuff has immediate results but after about two weeks of use, my skin was already looking blah. Lastly, this stuff doesn't work at all in weather extremes - either really hot and humid, or really cold and dry. My face got really greasy when I used the day cream outdoors in hot and sunny weather, I really had to resist the urge to wash the stuff off. Mind you, the only reason I did that was because I didn't have any other sunblock on hand, and I would very much prefer a greasy face to a sun damaged one :P Then while in Canada in really dry 10-15 degree weather, my skin got really dehydrated despite applying the creams to my face. I had dry patches of skin and it was flaking off and stuff (eww I know) - so I had to switch to a different moisturizer.

Recommendations:

Use these creams if you are looking for something affordable that has extra "oomph" over basic moisturizers. By "oomph" I mean some added benefits to your skin other than just hydration. Make sure your skin isn't sensitive if you want to try this out though. My skin actually felt tingly the first time I used it on my face, the sensation was similar to using a toner. I'm no derma/chemist/or any other expert in skincare, but I'm guessing that my skin reacted that way because of the salicylic acid in the product. It's stuff used for treating pimples, so its possible that these creams might be to strong for people with sensitive skin. When in doubt, ask your derma first!

For use under make up, make sure that these are completely absorbed by the skin first. Powder products are fine, but these really have to dry out before putting any liquid foundation or other cream products to the face. To be honest, I don't really like using these creams under make up because they take a while to get absorbed, but I guess that's much better than to have your make up crease all over your face. Just use a different moisturizer if you're in a rush, or don't wear liquid/cream make up with these at all!

I think this stuff is best for people with normal to dry skin, who like rotating their moisturizers, and who stay in airconditioned rooms all day (and night). It works very well as long as you don't subject it to weather extremes, and stop using it every few weeks when your skin has had enough. Then just use these again when you're tired of your other moisturizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget