Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Canada Haul!

Last week I came back home from Canada after a few weeks of vacation...any guesses on what I wasn't going home without? Aside from my passport and plane tickets of course!



Well if you guessed make up, then you're right!

Weeks before leaving for Canada, I was already making lists on make up that I needed, wanted, and nice-to-haves if I had budget left. My priorities on make up to buy were based on what wasn't locally available and stuff that I wanted but are too expensive to buy in the Philippines. Quite a lot of really good make up brands are not available in the Philippines or are priced a lot higher here than abroad so you really can't blame me if I was preparing too much ;)

Here's some of the stuff on the list I made:

1. Sugarpill eyeshadows from this post
2. OCC lip tars because they're amazing
3. Kryolan Lip palettes because they're much cheaper abroad than here

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy any of these because the stores were US based and I was in the wrong country!!! Ok, Kryolan is Berlin-based but that's not an option too. A LOT of googling on "'insert-brand-name-here'+where to buy+Canada" happened to no avail, since none of the brands mentioned had actual stores/distributors near the area in Canada where I was staying. Online shopping wasn't an option either since the stores don't ship fast enough for me to get the stuff before going back home.

In the end this is what I came home with:

(From Sephora)

L-R: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder and Bonne Mine Palette

Backstory: I needed a new loose powder that would work on all skin shades and already had my mind set on something from Laura Mercier. I was ready to pay for the powder when I saw the bonne mine palette and it was beautiful! I needed cream cheek color too since most of what's in my kit are pressed powders and variety's good...ok, I probably didn't need it, but that was how I rationalized buying it. A good 20 minutes was spent trying to decide which one to get since there was still so much to buy, but not enough funds to buy everything. My mom was with me that time and the store was about to close, so she was already bugging me to go. So I made up my mind and sadly returned the bonne mine palette since I needed the loose powder more - I must have looked really sad and torn though, because she suddenly offered to buy both! So now I have the two items, I'm just not sure if I still have to pay her back eventually, haha.

(From London Drugs)

Top: Duo Eyelash Glue (clear)
L-R: Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black, L'Oreal HIP eyeshadows in Showy and Reckless
Bottom: L'Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadow in 005 Purple Obsession

Backstory: These are the purchases that I wasn't planning on making at all. I was just at a drugstore looking at the stuff they were selling, when I remembered some good reviews I've read on the ColorStay liquid eyeliner and HIP eye shadows. For the Color Infallible shadow, I got interested because it reminded me of a cheap version of the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense eyeshadows which I read about from reviews at Temptalia. As for the Duo lash glue, it was cheap compared to buying in Manila from online stores so I just bought it!

(From the MAC Duty Free Store in YVR)

L-R: MAC Brow Pencil in Dirty Blonde, Fluidline in Blacktrack, Blush in Harmony
Bottom: MAC 109 Brush

Backstory: If the previous purchases were unplanned, these are quite the opposite since the ones from MAC are what I've been agonizing over for weeks! It's not that they're THE brand where you should be getting all your make up from (don't get me wrong, they have pretty good stuff!), but they ARE one of the brands that's most heavily promoted especially by bloggers! They did have a collection dedicated to bloggers after all. Being a person who relies heavily on reviews before buying beauty products, MAC is top of mind (at least for me) since it's so easy to find comprehensive reviews on their products all over the internet. In short, that's why I'm buying so much MAC and why it's so hard to decide what product to get from them since they have so many great reviews!

SO...that's it! That was a wordy haul post! 'Til the next one, see you! :)


P.S.
Hi friends, let me know if you're going to the US and coming back here again in the next few months... I'd still want to get the stuff I listed in the first part of the post! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget