Sunday, September 4, 2011

Saturday night FOTDs

Showing you some of the looks I did yesterday and last Saturday!

For the first look, I did that for this year's UP Law Bar Ops party. Met up with some batch mates from college who went on to law school, and can I just say, law school people party hard! I suppose it's because they don't really have time to go out with all their readings and stuff, so when they're out, they really make the most of it!

Anyway, the theme of the party was "Glow" and based on the event posters I saw, people were supposed to wear neon colors. Although when I got there, most people were wearing black! I didn't feel like wearing neon-colored clothes as well, but what I did put on are super bright, neon pink lips.


This picture doesn't do the color any justice. I'm wearing the OCC lip tar in Anime in all its neon-pink glory, but I must admit that the color is so hard to photograph! This is so much brighter in person, and my camera just can't handle it :P

For the next look, I wore this to a friend's birthday party just yesterday. I decided to focus on the eyes this time, and the best way to do that of course, is to wear a smokey eye!


Read on to see how I did the look and for a list of the products used :)


First look (Neon-pink lips)

Skin prep:
- Neutrogena's Hydro Boost water gel moisturizer
- MUFE HD Primer
- Burt's Bees lip balm

Face:
- Applied MAC Studio Sculpt foundation with my fingers then evened it out with a stippling brush
- MAC select moisturecover concealer in NC35
- MAC select moisturecover concealer in NC20 as a highlighter
- Laura Mercier translucent powder
- MAC blush in Harmony for contouring
- Dollface palette peachy-pink blush
- MUFE Mist & Fix

Eyes:
- Urban Decay primer potion
- Urban Decay Naked palette eyeshadows in Virgin, Sin, Buck, and Darkhorse
- MAC fluidline gel eyeliner in Blacktrack
- Mang Ed's natural-look falsies (I'll make a post on this once I replenish my stock!)
- DUO eyelash glue in dark-tone
- Maybelline the Magnum mascara

Brows:
- MAC brow pencil in Dirty Blonde
- MAC brow set in Girlboy

Lips:
- OCC lip tar in Anime

Second look (Smokey eyes)

Skin prep:
- Neutrogena's Hydro Boost water gel moisturizer
- MUFE HD Primer
- Burt's Bees lip balm

Face:
- Applied MAC Studio Fix foundation with a MAC 109 brush - This foundation gets a lot of flak for being cakey and too yellow, but I disagree. Just make sure you moisturize your face and use a small amount since a little goes a long way. I used less than a pea sized amount for my entire face! As for being too yellow, there's a reason why MAC has an NC and NW range. NW is for red based skin tones, and NC is for the yellow based ones. Since my skin IS yellow, the NC shades are perfect :)
- MAC select moisturecover concealer in NC35
- MAC select moisturecover concealer in NC20 as a highlighter
- Laura Mercier translucent powder
- MAC blush in Harmony for contouring
- Dollface palette peachy-pink blush
- MUFE Mist & Fix

Eyes:
- Urban Decay primer potion
- Urban Decay Naked palette eyeshadows in Virgin, Sin, Toasted, and Hustle
- L'oreal color infallible eyeshadow in Purple Obsession
- MAC eyeshadow in Carbon
- MAC powerpoint pencil in Engraved
- Wet & Wild color icon pencil in white
- Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner in black
- Etude House natural falsies
- DUO eyelash glue in dark-tone
- Maybelline the Magnum mascara

Brows:
- MAC brow pencil in Dirty Blonde
- MAC brow set in Girlboy

Lips:
- NYX lipstick in B52


So this is me with the second look after 5 hours in a humid and non-airconditioned place. Please excuse the shine since I forgot to blot my face before taking the picture, haha.



I love that my makeup has minimal fading and completely no creasing - even in makeup meltdown weather! Except for the lips which I retouched with a lip stain, nothing else is retouched :)
Looks like the MUFE primer and setting spray works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget