Friday, November 18, 2011

Contouring with the MAC Blush in Harmony

Do you contour your face when doing your own makeup? Personally, I didn't even know much about this before attending makeup school, but now, I feel like it's a must whenever I do full makeup on myself! I suppose it has a lot to do with wanting my cheek bones to look more defined, which in effect also makes my face look thinner, haha. Well anyway, this post is about my favorite contouring product these days - the MAC Blush in Harmony.



For the benefit of people who aren't that much familiar with contouring (and highlighting), check out this very informative video made by Petrilude on YouTube:



On to the review! >>






I got this in Duty Free in Canada, so the price was about C$22. MAC Blushes in the Philippines cost around Php1200+ I think.

What I like about it:
What I like most about this blush is the shade - it's a perfect neutral-toned taupe blush that would look natural as a contouring shade for most Pinay skin tones. The powder is very smooth and not chalky, making it really easy to apply on the face and blend. The coverage of this blush is also buildable, so it can work for people with light colored skin and for those with darker skin tones - just use a little first, then layer it on to get the desired effect.

What I don't like:
This doesn't really last all day on me if I go to a humid area, I find that it fades after about 4 hours. This works a lot better though when I stay in air conditioned places. Also, MAC blushes are expensive in the Philippines! Get this in Duty Free if you can.

Recommendations:
Unless you're skin tone is an NC 42 and below, I suggest you stick to using this for contouring rather than as a blush. For people with darker skin tones, this looks like a nice warm blush when used on the apples of the cheeks, but for people with lighter skin, it can look a bit muddy as a blush. As for making this last longer if you plan on having makeup that wouldn't fade all day, it would be best to use a setting spray with this so that it would last.

And that's it! To end this post, here's a photo of me using the blush for contouring my cheeks:


xoxo,
Cheska

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget