Sunday, November 20, 2011

In the mood for glitter

Ever since I saw this video from Michelle Phan last year, I've been dying to do a look using glitter:

Isn't the look really pretty?? I've watched this video so many times because I really love how the glitter looks like on the eyes!

The only problem is, I have no idea on where to get cosmetic grade glitter (the kind that's safe for use near the eyes) here in the Philippines. The closest I could get to glitter here are the shimmery loose powders that a lot of big brands and mineral makeup sellers have, the only problem with that is that you really wouldn't get the same level of sparkle that real glitter has.

I've tried searching online, and so far, what I found that was interesting and also had good reviews was the BarryM Dazzle Dust, which was available for preorder through Hoops and Loops on Facebook. Too bad (or maybe lucky for my wallet) the waiting time was too long, so I got turned off from buying it.

Next option was to ask relatives from abroad to buy the glitter. Since my mom was going home from Canada, I asked her to get some for me, and this is what I ended up with:

Make Up Forever Glitter

I didn't even know that Make Up Forever had glitter before I got this! Anyone know if this is locally available?

Got it in 4 colors - #1, #2, #6, and #7

#1 Gold (metallic yellow gold)

#2 Silver (metallic silver)

#6 Green (metallic teal glitter)

#7 Red (bright metallic berry red)

Click for more pictures>>

This isn't really a review, just a haul post since I haven't used these yet. Hey it's been a long time since my last haul post too!





I'm so excited to use these!!! Here's my peg for a look that I want to do once I figure out how to NOT make a mess when using the glitter:


Makeup is by the amazing and incredibly talented Megan Martinez, a.k.a. Chaos Makeup Artist. Last two photos are from her Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget