Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Make Up Forever HD Primer

This is my first review for 2012!

Before the MUFE HD primer, the only face primer I had was the ever so famous Smashbox Photo Finish. It worked too well for me that I didn't feel the need to buy other brands anymore. That is, until I got feedback from a friend that she doesn't use the stuff since she usually breaks out after using it. After some research (a.k.a. going through the Smashbox primer's negative reviews), I found out that most of the negative reviews that were given to the Smashbox primer was due to a lot of people being allergic to some of its ingredients. This discovery has encouraged me to diversify my kit a bit more, since I don't do makeup on myself only, and I wouldn't want to cause an allergic reaction in case I put makeup on someone else! A legitimate excuse to spend on makeup again, don't you think? Haha!

Then a DealGrocer/Make Up Forever sale after that realization happened, and I ended up taking home the MUFE HD Primer.


Read on for the review!


FYI, this review doesn't expound on the effects of this primer when viewed on Hi-Def television, unfortunately I haven't gone on TV with this on my face so I wouldn't really know. This review is done on the basis of real life conditions, like most girls in the world who would get the idea of buying a primer ;)


Not sure how much this costs at regular price in the Philippines since I bought it on sale, but since it's priced at $32 in Sephora, then add a few hundred pesos and you'll get an idea on the price.

What I love about it:
HD makeup products are meant to give your face a soft-focus effect by diffusing the light on your face, thus softening lines and blurring imperfections. This primer does just that. At first there doesn't seem to be any difference, but once you start putting on some foundation, it glides on very easily and there is an improvement in skin texture that is hard to point out specifically but you just know it's there - somehow my skin just looks better than if I used foundation alone! I also love the fact that it's moisturizing - although for the top layers of your skin only, there's a disclaimer that says so on the box. But at least when you're in a hurry, dry-skinned gals can multitask with this product and not put moisturizer anymore. As for foundation longetivity with this primer, it's honestly hard to tell if it helps my foundation stay on longer. But if the gauge is on how long the soft focus effect is maintained, then I think it's safe to say that it passes the 6-hour mark.

What I don't like:
This isn't really a dealbreaker for me, but for the purposes of giving a review, what I don't like about it is the scent. I can't put my finger on it, but it somehow smells rather herbal for my taste, I would've preferred an unscented primer instead. It's very faint though, and disappears almost immediately after application.

Recommendations:
Use this if you're looking for a primer that feels good on the skin, makes your skin's appearance look better, and is moisturizing at the same time. Of course you'd have to be willing to pay the rather expensive price for it when not on sale, but until I find a cheaper alternative, I'm definitely buying again when this runs out. I use this more than the Smashbox Photofinish Primer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget