Saturday, May 5, 2012

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Moisture Sunblock

Today I'm reviewing a sunblock right in time for summer - only problem is, summer seems to have ended early in Manila as we're starting to have downpours again!

Anyway for those of you who are enjoying the sun right now, here's a review for a sunblock and moisturizer in one.




If you've heard of the wonders of the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock for its "weightless and clean feel", you won't be disappointed by this sunblock since it's very similar, but with just a slight difference.




Got this for Php 460 at Watsons.




What I love about it:
I absolutely love that this is a moisturizer and sunblock in one! I do have some moisturizers that have SPF, but the SPF seems to be just an afterthought, and you can't use them for swimming since it will slide right off. Neutrogena UV Moisture is a very light and non-greasy sunblock, although what sets it off apart from other non-greasy sunblocks is the fact that it also moisturizes my skin. My main gripe on non-greasy sunblocks is that after a day on the beach or outdoors, I feel the need to slather on lotion or moisturizer because my skin feels really dry and tight. But with this, there is no feeling of that at all - my skin stays soft at the end of the day. This is also great for use under makeup since it doesn't slide off in the heat at all.

What I don't like:
You don't get a lot of product for the price since the container seems to be rather small, considering the amount I need to cover my face. I think I can use this all up in a month with regular use.

Recommendations:
I recommend using this for the face and neck only since you don't get much product. It would be advisable to use a different sunblock for the rest of your body. However I wouldn't recommend this if you're the type of person who absolutely doesn't like the feeling of having something on their face, or prefers that dry feeling. It's better to use something else since this would leave that moisturized feel.

In my case when I went to the beach, I used three different sunblocks to suit my needs - the Neutrogena UV Moisture on my face and neck, the Dry Touch variant from my shoulder to my hips, and lastly, Nivea Sun Transparent Spray for my legs because it had lower SPF and I wanted my legs to tan. What is high maintenance? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

There was an error in this gadget